Benjamin Hübel, M.Sc.
Phone: +49 (0)911-5302-405
Tue, 09.30-11.30 a.m.
Empirical Asset Pricing, Sustainable Finance, Performance Analysis
- Since October 2016: Research assistant and doctoral candidate, Chair of Finance and Banking, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2016: Master of Science in Finance, Auditing, Controlling, Taxation (FACT), University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, majors: Finance, Insurance and Econometrics, thesis "Empirical Analysis of the Performance of Selected Equity Funds: A Comparison of Performance Measures Based on Returns and Portfolio Weights" with HUK-COBURG
- 2015: Studies abroad at Deakin University Melbourne, Australia
- 2014: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Economics, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, majors: Finance, Accounting, Statistics
- 2013: Studies abroad at California State University San Marcos, USA
- 2011-2014: Internships (among others: HypoVereinsbank - UniCredit Bank AG, HUK COBURG Asset Management)
- Inquire Prize for best paper in "ESG and portfolio construction", Inquire Autumn Seminar 2018, Budapest (with Hendrik Scholz)
- Best doctoral student paper in investments, SWFA 2018 Annual Conference, Albuquerque (with Hendrik Scholz)
- Performance of socially responsible portfolios: The role of CSR exposures and CSR ratings
Working paper, Nürnberg 2018. (with Hendrik Scholz)
Former title: Stocks without sustainability rating: Characteristics and performance impact on socially responsible portfolios.
Abstract and download (pdf)
Accepted for presentation:
- Inquire Europe Autumn Seminar, Budapest, Sep 30 - Oct 2, 2018. Winner of the Inquire Prize Autumn Seminar 2018.
- International Ph.D Seminar in Banking and Finance, Hagen (Germany), July 05 - 07, 2018.
- Summer Conference on Financial Implications of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility, Nice, June 22nd, 2018.
- Green Summit 2018 University of Liechtenstein, Vaduz, June 12th 2018.
- Southwestern Finance Association 2018 Annual Conference, Albuquerque, March 07-10, 2018. Best doctoral student paper in investments.
- Investition und Finanzierung (Übung)
- Bachelorarbeit mit Seminar
- Workshop Finance
- Workshop Capital Markets Research
- Hauptseminar Finance
- Finanz- und Bankmanagement (Übung)